[thelist] Questionnaire Script?

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Wed Feb 19 09:19:01 CST 2003

Gina Anderson asked:

>>I'm looking to do a very involved questionnaire for owners of a certain type
>>of pet. I need to better analyze the responses then just percentages of the
>>answers from each question. I need compare the responses to each other.

Hi Gina,

Those are called 'cross-tabs'.

Sorry - I don't know of any shareware that handles those, but as others have
noted you might be able to handle that with pivot tables in Excel.

Just a quick note to point out that you might want to give some up-front thought
to how you are going to handle partially completed questionnaires ... if a
respondent answers question #2 but not question #1 it can throw off your results
for a crosstab of #1 by #2.  ['Nulls' can be a pain in survey analysis.]  ;-)

HTH,

RonL.
(Old survey design and analysis guy.)