[thelist] Site review ( with URL)

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Wed Feb 19 17:33:01 CST 2003

Hi Duncan ..

Random thoughts ..

* The light (almost neony) green on the Contact page doesn't blend well with
the other colours .. I'd tone that down .. it's too bright .. an earthy/warm
green would be much better.

* Perhaps a different style for your <dfn>'s .. as they look to be links
which aren't clickable.    I'm not familiar with the dfn tag .. what's the
cross-browser support like for it?

* Portfolio: brochure sites goes back home .. not sure where it's supposed
to go.

* Not a big fan of full justify .. but it's not too bad in IE.

* Nice job on scaling to different window widths :)

*Slow to load alert on the philosophy page .. a pop up would be better than
an alert box like that .. it triggers the "Error" sound ;)

* Portfolio .. interesting and unique idea.  Make the titles a bit winder ..
as International Quorum ... is on two lines. Some screen shots would be nice
too.  The visit site links .. extend the width of the paragraph .. could be
because of the full-justify .. but it seems rather odd for the link to be
active when not directly over the words.

* Domain .. if you *really* want to be a professional .. get yaself a domain
name .. f2o.org isn't for production sites .. and sub-domain hosting isn't
ideal for a real-world business.

HTH,

Mich