[thelist] Legal Advice - Linking

Rachel Cunliffe r.cunliffe at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Feb 20 04:20:03 CST 2003

My entire purpose is to do some reason on a topic which currently has no
such research (I'm also a statistician), nothing in it for me other than
interest sakes.

Another anology I thought of over dinner was phone book producers don't
prohibit market researchers using their phone books to survey people :)

However, he seems to think that it is against some sort of copyright
laws and has a huge copyright statement on his site.  The research won't
be the same only using one of the two sites.  He actually thinks my idea
is great, just wants it to be exclusive to his site and certainly not
associated with the other.

Are there any good places where I could get some advice?

Kind regards
Rachel