[thelist] javascript: passing events

Hans Fraser hfraser at videotron.ca
Thu Feb 20 10:32:01 CST 2003

Hello EveryBody!

here is the problem!
the : <input type="checkbox"  /> elements do not support onLoad events

is there a way that i could either trigger them to do an onLoad !
or make my elements beleive that an event as taken place so that they
call the function that is linked:

ex:
<input type="checkbox" name="" value="checkbox"
onLoad="window.opener.checkRefElement(this, '4')" />

here is what checkRefElement(this, '4') does ... it checks if the
element with the id 4 is in an array if so it turn the check box on!

works great on a onMouseOver (but i need it at the onLoad event)

I hope that was clear enough! (if not i am ready to give more info!)

thanks guys!