[thelist] Trivial yet annoying Problem

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Thu Feb 20 11:19:01 CST 2003

Hi List,

Here's my dilemma:

<iFrame>
+--------------------------------+
| Step 1: Make choice \/  | Next |   'Dropdown to Choose A or B
+--------------------------------+
</iFrame>

If choice A then
<iFrame>
+--------------------------------+
| Step 2: Make choice \/  | Next |   'Dropdown to Choose something
+--------------------------------+
</iFrame>

(There's a Step 3 from Step 2, but its not relevant to my problem)

If choice B from Step 1, then
<iFrame>
+----------------------------------+
| (open file.asp in parent window) |
+----------------------------------+
</iFrame>

All this works fine and dandy, but when the user clicks the back button, I
get redirected from choice B's actions, basically just where I was.

Now the only way I've been able to get Choice B to work (within an inline
frame) is to do this:

<%response.write("<script>window.parent.location.href=""file.asp""</script>"
)%> within the header of Step 2's page.
---otherwise---
the file.asp opens within my 150x50 iFrame with a response.redirect.

I want the user to be able to hit the back button and go back to Step 1, all
variables reset, and ready to begin the process over again, not get
redirected to choice B's actions.

I'm really sorry I cannot divulge a URL at the moment, only a generic
representation of the problem. I'm free to do ASP and Javascript in any
working method.

Any help is appreciated,

Rob.Smith