[thelist] Download Files from Database (ASP)

Carl J Meyer cjmeyer at npcc.net
Thu Feb 20 11:30:01 CST 2003

Josh,

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 09:18, Feingold Josh S wrote:
> > add this before response.contentType
> > response.addHeader "content-disposition","inline;filename=" &
> rs("fileName")
>
> I tried this, but it did not work (read:nothing changed), nor did replacing
> inline with attachment.
>
> Any other ideas?

This may be useless as I've no idea if it works in ASP, but what I'd do
in PHP is modify the download script to accept its parameters via
PATH_INFO instead of GET, and then tag on a superfluous filename to the
link to fool the browser into thinking it's fetching that file.  So your
link could look like:

/download.asp/341/A_Tribute_To_PowerPoint.doc

HTH,
Carl