[thelist] Ever wanted to test Linux?

Carl J Meyer cjmeyer at npcc.net
Fri Feb 21 08:00:07 CST 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 05:41, Kevin Cannon wrote:
> Knoppix [http://www.knoppix.net]
>
> Basically, it's linux on a CD, it boots & runs from the CD without installing
> to your harddrive.  When you're finished you just reboot and voila, back to
> windows.

Great thought.  Does make me wonder... when's Microsoft going to come
out with a version of Windows that boots and runs off a CD, so I can
test my pages on Windows browsers without having to bother with
repartitioning and all that?

Actually, VNC to my officemate's Windows box works pretty well... it's
just that he sometimes gets annoyed when I start moving the mouse
pointer around on him.

:-)  ...someone's been up all night...

Carl