[thelist] Log Analyzer

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Sun Feb 23 03:47:01 CST 2003

> I was wondering if I could trouble anyone for something recommended
> that's pretty easy to install so I don't need to be the hand-holding
> resource for a client.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Russ

Not sure if this is what you want but weblog expert:
http://www.weblogexpert.com/lite.htm (the lite version is free)
runs on windows and will analyze a log stored locally.

send the logs to the client, they use a wizard to set up the analyzer
and henceforth just click a button to see a report in their browser.

Or did you want something set up on a host?

How about Webalizer?
http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/

alternatively http://awstats.sourceforge.net/ can be set up so that you
can update stats and read reports via a web link - you'd install and
configure it once, the client then clicks an update link and a report
link (secure to your desire)

hth