[thelist] Validate HTML, Problem with Form

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 23 20:46:01 CST 2003

> From: "Liam Delahunty" <ldelahunty at britstream.com>
> >
> >that disables the autocomplete feature in Internet Explorer... you
> >may have noticed on some forms, the browser pops up suggestions for
> >what you're typing, just like it does for the address bar...
> >
> >some users like this, most developers don't
>
> May I humbly suggest you have a little think about who you are
> developing the site for? If your users like it. Leave it.

methinks you misinterpreted me...

i was addressing what the attribute does for someone who asked about
it instead of just looking it up...

my commentary at the end had more to do with developers and users not
always agreeing on what users like best... your comment is actually
in line with my statement, although it sounds like you didn't get
it... this includes weighing its value against validation...

--
my latest book project:
  Web Graphics for Non-Designers