[thelist] A:Active Working Example?

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Mon Feb 24 14:51:46 CST 2003

Weird! Weird! Weird!

Ok. Taking MaKo's example:

a.nowon:link {
   color: #911300;
}

This worked:

 <a class="nowon" href=# onClick="location.href ='page.htm';">
   Contact Us
 </a> <!-- Contact Us had the Maroon color -->

This failed:

 <a class="nowon" href="page.htm">
   Contact Us
 </a> <!-- Contact Us remained the default link color -->

And after reading rudy's example
<snip>
notice that in the context of the nav bar, the anchors are "links" in the
general sense, even though, as anchors, they are "dead" on the page that
they sit on (if you know what i mean)
</snip>

I think I understand why my above example failed.

hmmm. interesting. Thoughts? ..but why would the style fail for what it was
designed to do in the first place? and not rudy's *hack

Rob