[thelist] Pop-up killers

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Mon Feb 24 21:06:01 CST 2003

At 10:43 AM 2/21/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Is there an overwhelming leader in the most popular software to kill
>pop-ups?  I found a lot of packages, but wasn't sure if there were a few
>that are commonly used by everybody.

With all the great responses, I'm surprised that no one mentioned The
Proximatron. It's a simple little proxy server that sifts though your HTTP
traffic and parses popups, ads, anything as you wish. I haven't seen a
pop-in a couple of years. It's an excellent, piece of software. Free, easy
to use, extremely configurable, very powerful. I can't recommend it highly
enough. I consider it to be a "can't live without" piece of software.

Frank