[thelist] Dedicated/virtual private servers

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Mon Feb 24 23:17:01 CST 2003

Abdullah Shaikh wrote:
> I left HE.net after they were identified by SPEWS as a
> SPAMMER-FRIENDLY host.  Their ENTIRE netblock which included
> EVERY IP address for EVERYONE of their clients was bounced by ANY
> email server that subscribed to SPEWS.ORG's blackhole listing.

I recall a number of months ago something like this happening. In fact
I think someone posted to this or the Hesketh list making a similar
warning. When I contacted HE about the matter, they told me the
information was in error. The original poster retracted the warning.

I can't say for sure this was the same incident, but when I just
queried SPEWS on HE's IP, there was no record found. My suggestion for
someone considering HE is just call them. They'll answer 24/7 and talk
to you even if you're not a customer.

I also know from the security they impose on my hosted mailing scripts
that they do take spam pretty seriously.

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s
www.OnPointSolutions.com