[thelist] phony ebay scam? Security of info on the web

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 15:00:01 CST 2003

--- Jason Handby <jasonh at pavilion.co.uk> wrote:

> Ignoring your unwarranted pissiness for a moment...

Ok, "unwarranted pissiness" is by far the funniest term I have come
across in weeks. I needed a good laugh. I'm looking forward to .jeffs
defense of 'said pissiness.'

<tip type="CSS - DIVs and SPANs" author="pixelmech">

Its easy for those who are beginning to get into CSS to mix up INLINE
elements and BLOCK elements. Its helpful that they are self
explanatory: an INLINE element works WITHIN a line of code/text that
you see rendered in your browser. A BLOCK element BLOCKS off code as
it were - it gives you a line break.

So when you want to do something within a sentence - for example lets
say you want to put a border around a word - you would do:

Put a <span style="border: 1px solid red;">Border</span> on it.

And the border would appear right in the middle of a sentence.
Conversely, if you had used a DIV for that, the word 'border' with a
border on it would be on its OWN line.

This becomes even more important when you are using CSS as layout
elements. So remember BLOCK gives you the break, INLINE doesn't.

</tip>

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();