[thelist] IIS ASP puzzler

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Feb 25 17:01:01 CST 2003

At 02:45 PM 2/25/2003, Dougal Campbell wrote:

>I get an ASP error indicating that the recordset cursor could not be
>updated. The ASP code is identical between the two versions on this
>particular server. And the *exactly identical* code runs find on our
>test server. The problem is not in the ASP code, it is somewhere higher
>in the hierarchy of IIS.

Ok - couple of shots in the dark:

Does the DB User account you are using have write/update access to the
target DB Tables?

Under your Target Virtual Server Properties, Home Directory Tab:
         My normal setup has
                 Execute Permissions: Scripts Only
                 Application Protection: Medium (Pooled)

The last thing I would do is write a very simple script that tries to do
what the problem script is failing at. See if you can isolate further what
is going on. Maybe even create a new virtual service and see if that fails too.
--
Anthony Baratta
President