[thelist] Sharing data between ASP and JavaScripts

Jerry Scannell JerryScannell at cox.net
Tue Feb 25 18:11:01 CST 2003

David,

You hit what I want to do right on the head.  I don't want to give up so
easy, though.

I have an idea.  If I have a Session() variable that I can set to 1 if the
user wishes to quit, then I can test for that in my do ... loop.  The only
problem is how to set the Session() variable inside a javascript or
vbscript.  Do you have any idea here?  I know that you can share data from
ASP to javaScript but can you go the other way??  For instance, assume I
have an ASP variable.  In javascript I can do:

<script language="javascript">
function funcName()
{
   var s = <%=Session("varname")%>;
   .
   .
   return true;
}
</script>

How about going the other way? If I could set a session variable from within
a javascript I would be all set.  Perhaps with remote scripting???

Jerry