[thelist] Is AspPop3 the way to go?

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue Feb 25 19:19:01 CST 2003

Sorry - I'll clarify: I was just speaking in general.

A particular component may implement an interface which allows you to
programmatically manipulate attachments (for example, save them to disk).

I haven't used JMail for POP3, so I haven't read that part of the manual.
But, it does seem to provide an attachment class that you can use to save
the file to disk.

<%
For Each objAttachment in objMessage.Attachments

    objAttachment.SaveToFile "c:\incomingAttachments\" & objAttachment.Name

Next
%>

Cheers
Ken

From: "Christian Anderson" <chris at jobdragon.com>
Subject: RE: [thelist] Is AspPop3 the way to go?

: JMail V4 looks pretty good, but the $145 price tag is kind of putting me
: off.
:
: From reading through the examples there, it looks like its handling the
: attachments itself, and then saving them to whatever directory you specify
: right?  In that case, it wouldn't be necessary to use the ADO Stream
object?
: And to answer your question, yes its a binary file that I am planning on
: attaching.