[thelist] Chimera doesn't see the css

Tobyn Baugher toby at rsux.com
Tue Feb 25 20:28:01 CST 2003

On Tuesday, February 25, 2003 9:08 PM -0500 Gregory Wostrel
<info at gwcreative.com> wrote:

> This is probably a little one for most of the people on the list, but
> i just can't figure it out. Chimera 0.6 renders this site:
> http://www.thelightband.com/ without the style sheet.. Every other
> browser Mac and PC does fine. Any ideas about this? I am not too
> broken up about it as I know that not very many people in the target
> audience are using Chimera and OSX - but I am and I know many of you
> are.

Your web server seems to be returning application/x-pointplus as the
MIME type for .css files. This appears to cause Gecko-based browsers to
(probably rightly) ignore them. Mozilla 1.3 on my box exhibits the same
behaviour you described while IE (notorious for ignoring MIME types)
presents everything properly.

Your server signature says Apache. If your host lets you use .htaccess
files you should be able to fix this by putting

AddType text/css .css

in a .htaccess file in your css directory.

Hope that helps,

Toby

--
Tobyn Baugher <toby at rsux.com>