[thelist] Can I capture part of a link?

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Feb 26 09:19:01 CST 2003

On Wednesday, February 26, 2003, at 08:36  AM, Hugh Blair wrote:
> Scene:
> Person is sent an email with a link to click on that looks
> something like this: http://www.domain.com/AAA###### or
> http://www.domain.com?AAA######
[...]
> What I need is to track that AAA###### with their responses.

> I can't figure out how to do that with just an HTML page.

Although the JS suggestions would work, why does it need to be "just an
html page"?

The best solution would be to modify the form, or the script that
processes the form so it grabs the AAA###### from the environment
variables that the webserver makes available to the script.

I'm sure if you told us what language the processing script is in,
someone will reply with some example code in short order.
Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital
<http://goZz.com/>
Flash and ColdFusion Development