[thelist] From textarea field to SQL Server column

Adam Slesinger badlanners at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 26 09:43:01 CST 2003

Hello everyone,

I have an asp form that takes the info and updates a SQL Server table.  One
of the form fields is a textarea field for a long description and I'm having
trouble getting the value from that field into the table.  Sometimes it cuts
the submission at 256 characters, sometimes it stops earlier when there is a
line break and new paragraph.  I have been trying different column Data
Types in SQL server, but am at a loss.  I need to get every bit of info from
that field - as many characters and line breaks that are entered.  Any
suggestions on what data type i need for my column, and if i am running into
a restriction with the textarea field?

Thanks a lot,
adam

bread_man

"Ein halber Laib ist besser als gar kein Brot."