[thelist] Online credit card processing.

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 26 09:59:01 CST 2003

--- Rob Whitener <rwhitener at DesignOptions.com> wrote:

> This is a supposedly "Discounted price", where originally it would
> have
> been:
> VISA/MC application and processing: $295
> Setup and activation of a ..internet payment gateway: $2500
> But in order to get the discount, I had to purchase "That day,
> right now!".

That's your first clue you are dealing with a BullSh!t company. Run
fast the other way. Anyone who pushes on you like that has something
to hide. Legit companies have fair deals EVERY day.

> I have three days to determine whether they are trying to screw me.
> My gut feeling is they are trying to screw me.  What do you think?

I shall quoteth Monty Python: "Run away! Run away!"

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();