[thelist] CSS background-position property not working

Sarah Sweeney ssweeney at w3internet.com
Wed Feb 26 11:51:01 CST 2003

I have been trying to get my portfolio site to look right, and for some
reason the CSS "background-position" property doesn't seem to be working
properly. The site is <http://sarah.designshift.com/> - I am trying to have
left side be orange, which is the background colour, and have the rest of
the page have the blue stripes image as the background. Here is my body
definition:
body
{ font-family: sans-serif;
   font-size: 90%;
   background-color: #ff9900;
   background-image: url("images/stripes.gif");
   background-position: 12.5em 0em;
   color: white;
}

If anyone has an idea of how I can get this to work, your help would be
much appreciated. TIA

Sarah