[thelist] info on templates, XML and TLAs

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Wed Feb 26 14:41:01 CST 2003

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 01:59:00PM -0600, David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil wrote:
> > styles AND different human languages). I've looked at Perl
> > and PHP templates but I'd like to see how to do a "proper"
> > xml template with *** (is it XSLT?).
>
> YES! :)

Cool. :)

And XSL Transformations are sexier than PHP and Perl templates, right?
(That's mostly a /rhetorical/ question.) I personally think it's silly
to use PHP and Perl templates when there's a
perfectly good XML template language out there. I also think it'll be
easier to make the templates for my site if people aren't having to learn
how to use "proprietary" (for lack of a better term) short cuts like
those found in moveable type. (Which was my first idea...) It's a theory anyway.

> You can pipe the above through an XSLT stylesheet that might look like this:

Perfect! Now I just need to figure out how to do the piping bit. :)

> Phear my l33t skillz!

Bwahahahaha!

thanks again :)

emma