[thelist] MYSQL Connecting problems

CDitty mail at redhotsweeps.com
Wed Feb 26 16:37:02 CST 2003

Hello all.  I am getting this error when I try to make a connection to the
mysql database.
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket 'please specify
mysql.addr.com as the hostname' (2)

This is my connection string.
$db = mysql_connect("mysql.addr.com", "$userid", "$password");
mysql_select_db("$database",$db);

I have verified the database server is correct.  The user id and password
is correct.  Can anyone offer any advice?  I have never come across this
error that could not be fixed.  Scripts in another directory work fine
using this same database server address.

Anyone?

CDitty