[thelist] Help with searchable recipe site

Merlene Paynter Blacha merlene at maddymayhem.com
Thu Feb 27 09:28:42 CST 2003

Hi there,

I've been asked to help create a searchable recipe site, much like
http://www.recipesource.com and have no idea where to begin. Would this
be best set as mysql database? Or ... ? What I need is a way to search
each recipe by ingredient. Example: someone wants to view all recipes
that include zucchini in the recipe list, and so on. I've never taken on
anything quite this scale and I'd like a pointer or two. I've never used
mySQL but I'm a quick study. If mySQL's not the way to go if someone
could point me to better way to do the search I'd appreciate it.

The site is a non profit site so I don't want to get into purchasing
search engine software, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Merlen