[thelist] ColdFusion code generator

Buffington, Michael michael.buffington at office.xerox.com
Thu Feb 27 17:13:01 CST 2003

Evolters!

Do you hate writing the same ColdFusion code over and over again. I've got the elexir the cure your ailments!

I just wrapped some CFC logic around some old code I had kicking around that would examine a database, then generate all sorts of useful code based on the database structure.

I need some help testing it, because I'd like to eventually call it a full release, and make it available for download or used as a webservice or through the forms on my site. I'm currently fixing bugs, and logging new features.

Web version:
http://www.michaelbuffington.com/mb/webservices.cfm

Web Service version (same code as above):
http://www.michaelbuffington.com/webservices/codeGen/generator.cfc?wsdl

You'll get the most out of the tool by consuming it as a web service, but I have no documentation for that so you're on your own.

Future enhancements include multiple scripting languages (instead of just CF, how about PHP, JSP, Perl, ASP, Fortran?)

Thanks!

Michael Buffington
http://www.michaelbuffington.com/mb/