[thelist] Simple HTML form question

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Mon Mar 3 17:11:01 CST 2003

From: "Chris W. Parker" <cparker at swatgear.com>

>in this case you start typing at the cursors position which is also very
>annoying. for example a visit to Washington Mutual's website goes like
>this...

It's probably user preference, then. Personally, I hate it when the first field ISN'T focused on a page, if the point of the page is to fill out a form.  Of course, I'm on broadband, where it's not often that I'm typing before the page loads (particularly since I have several browsers open and as one's loading I'll go do something on another).

Scott