[thelist] [iis5] [CF] "mp3raid.com" blocking referrer

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Tue Mar 4 15:35:01 CST 2003

I'm having trouble with site mentioned in the subject - they make a
business of stealing other people's bandwidth by directly linking to
mp3's.

Questions:

1. repeat from yesterday: Anybody know of a free ISAPI extension for
IIS which will allow me to
block linking to non-html files?

2. Does anybody know how mp3raid works? ie can you tell my the IP of
whatever their crawler is so I can block it ... or ... well how does it
work?

3. Only idea I immediately have is not linking to the file but rather

<cfif [referer is mp3raid]>
	you are using an immoral site
<cfelse>
	<cflocation url="[mp3 in 'secret' directory">
</cfif>

Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital
<http://goZz.com/>