[thelist] [iis5] [CF] "mp3raid.com" blocking referrer

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Tue Mar 4 16:22:01 CST 2003

On Tuesday, March 4, 2003, at 04:06  PM, Paul Bennett wrote:
> Erik - that sucks. This may be a dumb question, but can you check
> server
> logs for mp3's requested by said imorral site?

Yes, that's how we discovered the problem. And thanks for the sympathy,
I will relay it to my client who has gone through the trouble of
clearing copyright on all of the approximately 500 that needed to be.
This may be an alternate approach - send a threatening letter to the
offending site notifying them that they're violating copyright.

However, it would be more fun to replace the mp3 that people get with a
small one that offers free sex chat from the site owner's home phone
number.

> I am not sure how big your site is, but you may consider moving the
> mp3's and running all mp3 requests through a script like:
> getmp3.cfm?file=mp3nameHere

Yeah, or a second idea I have is to schedule a task that will rename
all the mp3s and update the database accordingly.
Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital
<http://goZz.com/>
Flash and ColdFusion Development