[thelist] New member

Chris Marsh chris at ecleanuk.com
Tue Mar 4 16:45:01 CST 2003

David

> Hello, my name is David Dickerson, and I've just joined this
> mailing list, hoping to garner experience on web design. You
> can check out my current project at www.rivendelltheband.com

Welcome to the dark side.

> My first question is:
> I want to create a vertical strip-motif in the center of my
> front page, no matter what the size (resolution) of the
> viewer's screen. What is the best way to resize a table that
> has the stripe image as the table's background to fit the
> browser window?

I guess the *best* way would be to have a background image for the body
(<body background='/foo.gif'>. If not you could have the table attribute
"height" set to 100%. This won't validate in xhtml and doesn't conform
to current views on the "semantic" web; removing formatting from
content, though. You can even use CSS to set norepeat and align
attributes, so there is a large degree of flexibility.

Regards

Chris Marsh