[thelist] iFrames - validity

Christopher Joseph christopher at ideadesigners.com
Wed Mar 5 11:39:01 CST 2003

Is <iframe> bad?

I appreciate it is NOT strict XHTML but I need to be able to inline
variable multiline content into a rigid web design since the customer
will not have it any other way :(. Although the draft site uses <div>
and javascript to scroll content it seems an easier solution to use
<iframe> but it makes me a little shaky - like I am doing something bad.
I keep teling myself that it is OK because the client has already forced
me to use both flash and tables for the design elements to work

Thoughts welcome.

Christopher Joseph

http://www.ideadesigners.com  [iseries & web technologies]
mailto: christopher at ideadesigners.com