[thelist] Alternative to iFrames

Lauri Vain lauri_lists at tharapita.com
Wed Mar 5 11:55:01 CST 2003

Hi Tim,

> I have a menubar [ . . . ] which is created in Flash.
>
> I want to stay away from standard frames so that I can be as
> friendly to search engines as possible.

You want to be as friendly to search engines as possible? When you
started using Flash as your menubar, then that ship pretty much sailed
on you!

(Btw, additionally, your reason for using iFrames as opposed to standard
frames to ensure 'being friendly' to search engines isn't a valid
theory. The content pages in your frames would still have no major
navigation area, as the page inside the iFrame is still a page on its
own, despite looking like the same page with the navigation area due to
the iFrame.)

If you didn't leave anything out from your description, then your
question was wrong from ground on!

Cheers,
Lauri (channeling my happy thoughts, full of optimism, again :))