[thelist] regex: can't have enough fun, can we

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Mar 5 13:54:00 CST 2003

On Wednesday, March 5, 2003, at 12:53  PM, Edward George wrote:
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.TheActualReferringSite.com/.*$
>
> would do it.
> ! for - not equals
> ^ for matching the start so 'http://cgi.ebay.com@' won't match

Perhaps I worded the question poorly. I am checking to make sure the
referrer is the same thing as the host, with the exception of eBay
sites.

The issue is I'm trying to prevent direct linking to non-html files,
and:

RewriteCond Host: (.+)
RewriteCond referer: (?!.*\1.*).+

works, but at least two clients I know of use their webspace for
storing images for use in eBay auctions.

IOW, how do I match

http://cgi.ebay..*

but NOT

http://cgi.ebay.com@http://AnyOtherSiteThatWantsToStealMyBandwidth.com/

where ...

AnyOtherSiteThatWantsToStealMyBandwidth.com of course is a URL at any
other site that wants to steal my bandwidth.
Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital
<http://goZz.com/>
Flash and ColdFusion Development