[thelist] Macromedia.com redesigned

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 15:38:04 CST 2003

This one is shaping up to be an interesting one. I'd like to hear
some comments from those on this list who are at MM.

My initial foray into the site:

- Object expected JS error on home page
- EVERY page gives me the loading bars.
- I waited 15 seconds on a T1 line for a REGISTRATION page to load.
We're talking about a form with 3 fields here.
- "Rich Internet Applications" Nice buzzword. Give me a site that
works quickly and smoothly.

I don't mind the colors or the new design, but the overzealous use of
Flash and other "MX" tech really puts me off. I realize they want to
push their own products, but do you really have to BEAT me over the
head with them? Can't you have a section to highlight it or
something? Ah well, my thoughts.

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/