[thelist] Macromedia.com redesigned

Sarah poohbear at designshift.com
Thu Mar 6 08:48:01 CST 2003

>So what? I'm not a Flash developer, and never will be. I do, however, use
>Macromedia's site as my first port of call for information about a range of
>their products that I do use, and to find out more general information that
>enables me, as someone with purchasing authority, to buy and recommend
>their products. Until I  can view the site again at work (which I can't do,
>because it *crashes my browser* - another cantankerous linux freak), I
>can't access that information reliably.
>
>Hell, once a site crashes my browser, I generally make a point of not using
>it again. So do most people I know. It's called a "barrier to entry", and
>it's part of that accessibility thing.
>
>- seb

I hate to say this - seb, your site (poked.org) crashed my browser.

As for the Macromedia redesign, I don't think it looks bad, but I think the
old design was better. And when I try to click on the links across the top
(Products, Support & Training, etc), I have to click on a very small spot
on the link, for instance on the "u" in Products, for the link to work. I
am running IE6 on Win2K. I agree that MM missed the boat on this one. How
about some accessibility testing, or usability testing, or just plain testing?

Sarah