[thelist] IE6 rendering problems (was: Re: Welcome to the "thelist" mailing list)

sam at sam-i-am.com sam at sam-i-am.com
Thu Mar 6 14:29:01 CST 2003

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 Luke.Hilton at boimail.com wrote:

I'm looking into what sounds like the same bug. It manifest itself as far
as I can tell on IE6, windows 2000. And only somtimes. Running (or having
at some time installed) Norton AntiVirus, and havin upgraded from IE5 also
seem to be common requirements.
 I just moved my primary workstation over to as close as I can to this
configuration but I still can't reproduce it. I'm on win2k (server) SP3,
IE6.0 SP1.
My understanding thus far is that it's bug on the client-side - in
Internet Explorer - but not all sites are affected, so I'm still hopefull
of finding a cure one day. If anyone has seen the same problem (that
configuration, with small and/or reused (cached) graphics appearing broken
- which fix themselves after a couple of reloads) - I'd be happy to
compare notes and build a list of affected sites to see if there's a
pattern there.

Sam