[thelist] javascript "won't" subtract

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Sat Mar 8 13:54:06 CST 2003

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 10:36:51AM -0800, Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
> Emma, could be a z-index thing. That's why I mentioned hiding the
> previous one. They may have been stacking under each other or
> something.

I tried playing with z-indexes a few times but it wasn't working
properly (either). Regardless of what you use you really have to
deal with the previous slide instead of just stacking things higher and
higher ... although I didn't ever try multiplying the id * 100 and setting
the z-index to that number. It's possible that would have worked.

Thanks for your help, Tom. Here's the script in action. It's been tested
in Phoenix (linux), Mozilla (1-ish? on Windows2k) and IE6.0 (on windows2k).
I'm going to write a little switcher so that if your browser doesn't
support getElementById all the pictures show up on the page instead of as
a slide show. I've got a few other things I need to get done first though.

http://queenwest.ca/lomo/emmajane/

(Tara, rudy, Craig, Sabrina the evolt signs are in roll 3 if you're
curious to see how they turned out.)

emma :)

--
Emma Jane Hogbin