[thelist] font size differences IE/NS

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Sun Mar 9 18:44:01 CST 2003

OK, yet another weekend question, this one asked late enough that I
hope to get an answer at least on Monday ...

I have a style:

h1 { font-size: 150%;}

This shows up much larger in IE 5.5 at the default text size (med) than
on the default for NS. So much larger that the name of the site wraps
in IE. 150% of normal seems to me far less than excessive to indicate
the most important heading ... and leaves little room for
differentiation in the hx's before I meet my normal text size at 80%.
Same problem using ems. No problem using px.

So, question: Is it possible to make ems or % be the same size at the
default text-size setting for both Netscape and IE?

Side note: This is only a problem with IE and NS Win ... things look
identical in NE & IE Mac.
Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital
<http://goZz.com/>