[thelist] Hosting recommendations

Taz taz at freshegg.com
Tue Mar 11 04:06:53 CST 2003

By far the best webhost I have ever come across is Gradwell ltd
[gradwell.com]. My website [planet-tolkien.com] which uses a hell of a
lot of bandwidth has been with over forty webhosts and never more than
for a period of three months. We have now been with Gradwell for a year
and counting.

Also which comes with particular interest for people like 'us' is the
Developer Account they offer, providing features such as:

	> MySQL, PHP, Perl CGI, ModPerl
	> Soft Limits" policy
	> 250 Meg of web space
	> 100 megabytes per day of data transfer per hosted domain
	> Full Unix Shell & FTP access
	> ODMR, POP3, IMAP, WebMail
	> Mail Forwarding Logs for your domain
	> POP/IMAP Mail Collection of other accounts; Auto Responders
	> Free first domain hosting, additional domain hosting is £15
per year per domain
	 "Sub" ftp accounts to allow others access to sections of your
web space
	> Server Logs With Analysis
	> Full CGI, SSI, DBI, suExec, 5 MySQL DBs

I seriously recommend you take a peak at their website:
http://www.gradwell.com

Taz