[thelist] Permission Denied in JavaScript

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Tue Mar 11 09:11:34 CST 2003

In our intranet application (CF/Oracle/DHTML), we get an e-mail every time someone encounters a JS error with details.  We have several instances where the error message is "Permission Denied", but we can't reproduce this. I'd like to at least try to narrow down my choices for what's causing this.

Now, I know you can get this if your code tries to change the URL in a frame that currently shows a page on a different domain (cross-domain).

However, we don't think that is the issue here.  So, is there a list somewhere of what other issues can cause the "Permission Denied" JS error?

Thanks!

Scott