[thelist] styling iframe

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Tue Mar 11 15:43:47 CST 2003

On Tuesday, March 11, 2003, at 02:58  PM, Michael Barrett wrote:
> Have you tried styling the iframe element itself?
>
> e.g.
>
> <iframe src="iframe.html" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;
> overflow:auto;"></iframe>

Yes, this still gives me a horizontal scrollbar.

> The horizontal scroll may disappear if you can restrict the width of
> the content in iframe.html
> e.g.
> *iframe.html*
> <!-- iframe content here-->

This is what I may have to end up doing but I really want it to be
100%. IE 5.5 leaves room for the scrollbar with it defined as "100%" ,
whereas IE 6 does not, thus there's a horizontal scrollbar to allow the
doc to horizontally scroll exactly the width of the vertical scrollbar.

This is seeming similar to a problem discussed recently, but I can't
remember what ... and I can't think of google terms to give me relevant
results.
Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital
<http://goZz.com/>