[thelist] All CSS website - please check

{ schaapy } list01 at theparagon.org
Wed Mar 12 10:53:25 CST 2003

> Stef is right, I would try this:
>
> #topframe { position: relative, }
> #banner, #mainnav { float: left; }
>
> Change places of banner and mainnav in your html page - since you want the
> mainnav first (on the left side).
> And skip all that says position: absolute in your css, and also skip the
> height of the #topframe. I'd use margin or padding to get the spaces
> between the elements. This means it would flow better whatever size of the
> text.
>
> #container should be relative too - but then you must change the html of
> too.

I hate to bring this up again but I'm still have'in troubles. I may just be
looking at it too much.

The changes above are good but I want to keep the HTML in the order for
display purposes in those NON-compliant browsers. Why is this so complicated
for me right now - hell if I know.

I have it working great on IE5 Mac and looks like -
http://www.morriscommunity.com/img/snapshot.gif <-- that's what I want it to
look like.

What am I doing wrong?