[thelist] A List For Unix/Apache Admins?

Scott Harman scott at enteractiontv.com
Thu Mar 13 02:00:10 CST 2003

That's not a bad option John - -
Gina - the only thing I can say is that you've got to build your own dev
server and experiment, hang about on usenet newsgroups and just suck up
all the information.
What exactly has your host done to cripple Gallery (also - which version
are you running, and are you running it inside of nuke/phpbb etc?) there
are a "few" known issues with gallery which can be easily resolved.
Big problems:
Php safe mode
Open base_dir
And a couple of minor security flaws

Gallery's own forums definitely have people who can answer your
questions.
Martin is a good bloke and has helped me out with a few issues I've had
- and everyone else is generally very helpful too.  Create and account
and go for it - I'll be chilling there this afternoon.

Scott