[thelist] Home Page setting

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Thu Mar 13 10:10:00 CST 2003

I've been searching through the archives, and I've found this question asked but never actually answered.

What is the code that allows you to read/change a browser's home page URL?

This isn't a practice I look favorably upon, but I've been told to research how to do it for our intranet application that is run solely on IE5.5 on Windows on machines that are supposed to be devoted to this application.  If we use this code, we'll make sure the user gets prompted with something like, "Is it OK for us to change your browser's home page to <URL>?"

Scott