[thelist] Using RegExp to replace an <a> tag

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Mar 13 22:55:26 CST 2003

At 09:54 AM 3/13/2003, Brad Dobyns wrote:
>Hello there,
>
>I am trying to get a better handle on Javascript so I need some assistance
>with a particular problem. I need to have a link tag disabled when a user,
>who has Javascript turned on, goes to any page on the site. I have several
>links on a page so, it needs to find the pathname with an <a> tag that is
>similar to the current location.

Here's the RegEx I use to pattern match the Anchor Tag:

         regEx.Pattern = "(<a[^>]+>.*?<\/\s*a\s*>)"

It's ASP, but you should be able to convert.
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys