[thelist] status bar removal

Tim Burgan burgan at iprimus.com.au
Fri Mar 14 08:32:03 CST 2003

Hello,

Is it possible to remove the status bar from a parent window?

For example: if a user surfs to my site from a link somewhere, once they enter my site - the status bar from their window is removed. I don't want to load the page in a child window in order to do this.

Reson to do so: I'm developing a page for an artist at www.greaterthani.com/preview .. if you click on one of the audio squares, it will load a swf file into a "hidden" frame. The audio in the swf streams. The problem is that the status bar says 'Opening page: blah blah' until the whole swf is loaded, and I don't want this to be the case.

Thanks
Tim