[thelist] JavaScript passes form POST?

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Fri Mar 14 23:01:44 CST 2003

You can open a pretty window and then submit the form to it by
referencing it in the form's target attribute:

pretty_window = null;
function openPrettyWindow(){
   pretty_window =
window.open('','pretty_window','width=200,height=200');
   return true;
}

<form target="pretty_window" name="quiz" action="quiz_results.pl"
method="post" onSubmit="openPrettyWindow()">

On Friday, March 14, 2003, at 09:50 AM, VanSchoick, Jonathan wrote:
> Web form submits via POST to a Perl script. Perl writes the HTML
> output.
>
> But, the powers that be want to use JavaScript to open up the window
> (controlling placement and sizing). How do I send the POST info
> through the
> Pop Up script so that the Perl page can read the input?
>
> Wouldn't it be something like:
> <form name="quiz"
> action="javascript:mySpecialPrettyPopUp('quiz_results.pl',
> document.quiz)">
>
> I think it's friday and I'm being dense, but this ain't working. Any
> thoughts/help are appreciated.

Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital
<http://goZz.com/>