[thelist] glasshaus gone...

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 15 05:30:51 CST 2003

>well, this kinda sucks... and not just because i've been one of their
>tools, but because i *liked* the idea of books by professionals and
>for professionals...
>
>"Goodbye from glasshaus"
>by Bruce on Mar 14 2003
>
>"It's with huge sadness, that I tell you that the bank pulled the plug
>on glasshaus today."
>
>"To all our customers - thank you for your support. To our authors,
>thank you. I'm humbled to have worked with you."

And especially:

"Please don't mail me about company business (will you get paid for your
chapter? what will happen to future books?)"

Thank God I received my money 2 weeks ago. I suppose the chapter I've
written will never be printed, but that's how it goes.

And seeing the chaos in the project I worked on I'm not completely
surprised. Nice idea, bad execution.

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
W3C DOM Compatibility Table, expanded & updated
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?version5.html