[thelist] AlphaImageLoader IE filter is killing links?!?

Robert Bares roba at cmail.cz
Sat Mar 15 06:07:36 CST 2003

Hello,

I  have problem with AlphaImageLoader filter in MSIE 5.5/6.0. I wanted
to  use  partially  transparent  background  for  TABLE or DIV, "fake"
partial  transparency  in  GIF  looks  bad so I decided to use PNG-24.

Mozilla 1.2 has no problem with partial transprency in PNG24, but MSIE
5.5/6.0 cant display it, so I had to use AlphaImageLoader filter. With
this  filter  its  looking good but its killing links inside DIV or TD
where this filter is used.

I dont know if its some evil bug or I am doing something wrong... here
is example:

http://www.coco.cz/alpha/test.html

(you can see that problem only with MSIE 5.5/6.0)

Thanks for any help.

Robert