[thelist] Login PHp User Management

Michael Pemberton mpember at phreaker.net
Sun Mar 16 03:22:19 CST 2003

Andrew wrote:

>Hi all I am looking for a very basic skelatal user login system using php and
>MySQL  I have looked on Hotscripts and I am not really interested in any of the
>stuff there.
>
>I would rather start from scratch using a very good trutorial that covers the
>pit falls or use a very basic script that I can build on.
>
>I think it is important that the code is robust enough to be portable from local
>to live server and thereby considerate to different config settings as this is
>not the case with most of the pre writtem jumble sale of code out there.
>
>Andrew

Have you looked at the auth_mysql module for apache?

I moved a number of my systems over to this recently.  Previusly, I had
simply used a php include but that was getting too hard to maintain.
Now, all I need to do is configure the module in a .htaccess file or
httpd.conf and then just maintain a mysql database.  Much easier.

hth

--
Michael Pemberton
evolt at mpember.net.au