[thelist] [DHTML] Elements with the same ID

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Mar 19 09:02:11 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Bennett" <paul at teltest.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 1:21 AM

> we are sensitive today aren't we? "foo" is a generally accepted name for
> a variable in dummy code (not as in "you are a dummy", dummy as in "here
> is some code to help you out")
> check out this definition:
> http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci212139,00.html

How odd.  I always figured "foo" and "bar" were derivations of the
militariesque acronym "FUBAR" which stands for "F'd Up Beyond All
Recognition"

I guess I learn something new every day.

<tip type="MMC" author="Joshua Olson">
If you want to save a little bit of time looking for the administrative
tools on Win NT/2k, try using the Microsoft Management Console.  Go to
Start->Run and execute "mmc".  Then, add the snap-ins for your common tools
such as services, IIS, SQL Server, Computer Management, etc.

Save the console settings to the desktop and now you'll have one-click
access to your most common administrative tools.
</tip>

<tip type="Decent and FREE mail server" author="Joshua Olson">
MailEnable is a decent and free mail server.  It plugs into MMC as a snap-in
as well, making administration a snap, so to speak.

http://www.mailenable.com
</tip>

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer